Ｑ. Procedures for postpone period stay and reentry etc.
Ａ. It is indispensable resident status and it requires accurate procedure for each case.
Permission for reentry（ deemed reentry）
- In principle the resident status of foreign people is disappeared in embarkation from Japan, and required to get new status and visa for reentry.
- For avoiding complex, it is possible to get permission for reentry from immigration office before disembarkation. It is possible to reentry with before resident status to reentry at longest for 5 years without visa procedures.
- If the period out of japan is 1 year or shorter, it is possible to use easy procedure “permission of deemed reentry” .
- The foreigner has valid passport and resident status is possible reentry by before resident status within one year after disembarkation by checking application space in the reentry embarkation and disembarkation ED card
＊please refer to immigration website https://www.immi-moj.go.jp/newimmiact_1/point_3-4.html）。
Renew and change of resident status
- It is possible to renew the period decided at immigration in stay. If there are period 6 months or longer it is possible to apply approximately before 3 months expiration date.
- In case changing activity in the period living in Japan, it is required to change resident status. Ex. The case changing from officer transferred to japan to become president of independent company it is required to change status from “Intra company transferee” to “Business manager”.
Procedures for family with transferee
- The family or children move from foreign country with people charged in business in Japan are entitled to get visa permission as “Family stay”
- In that case it is possible to go to school but required another permission to do profit activity.