Ｑ. How to establish branch office and report procedures to any offices
- The procedures are a little bit complicated compared to representative office case.（the company’s law and commercial register law require to report to register branch office and tax offices etc.）
- It’s easier than subsidiary case to establish branch office. (It is required to register, but do not need to make articles of incorporation and recruit shareholders.
Decision representative in Japan
At least one representative has to be actually live in japan.
Check whether need or not to report branch office advance observing foreign exchange law.
According to the industry needed to report to the Japan bank.（aircraft, new clear power plant etc.）。
Make the documents need for register and certification
- Prepare the documents below to register branch office.
- Documents certify existence of the head office in foreign country（oath certified by public organization, notary public, agency of government of the country parent company located）
- Certification of representative in Japan qualified by the company（letter of appointment by head office etc.）
- Articles of incorporation of parent company or documents of sales license etc.
Register company and seal to legal affairs bureau
apply with oath certified by public organization and revenue stamp.
Get the certifications of company registration and seal
get the certification approximately after two weeks.
after registration it is possible to open bank account of branch office, report to tax office and labor standards office etc.
*It will take one month to establish branch office after making oath certified by public organization.
*In general it is better to request doing the procedures to the specialist like judicial scrivener.